Fit, strong and healthy people exercise as part of their weekly routine because it’s an important piece of a high quality, rewarding lifestyle.
The people that struggle to consistently keep themselves fit, strong and healthy tend to jump onto short-term fitness challenges, burn themselves out by changing too much too soon, and then go back to their old habits for months or even years.
Fitness challenges aren’t the best option for getting out of a rut and staying out of it, but they are a great way to mix things up and add a bit of excitement and focus back into your routine and our 28 Day Challenge is designed to do just that.
This challenge is only available for current clients and will not be offered to non-members as we do not want people jumping into it as a quick fix to reverse years of poor lifestyle habits.
You can complete the challenge using your current membership so there’s no additional cost, or you can upgrade your membership to avail of extra semi-private sessions if you want.
Here’s what’s involved:
Duration: 28 days (as the name of the challenge suggests!)
Suitable for: clients that have been consistently building up good habits (water, exercise, veggies, etc.) and are in a pretty good place overall- what we call a Level 2 Client.
This program is not a quick fix for anyone just started with us within the last few weeks or who hasn’t been consistently working on their habits.
What goals to expect: This challenge is aimed primarily at dropping inches from your body, learning how to handle stress better, and seeing improvements in clothes such as:
- dropping a dress/pants size
- fitting back into an old piece of clothing that doesn’t quite fit at the moment
- Dropping down an extra hole on your belt
- dropping 7 tp 10lbs
How does the challenge work?
There are 3 elements to the program, and each element has a few requirements.
- Set a weekly calorie target and track your food through MyFitnessPal OR use the Hand Portion System to monitor food intake (we’ll show you how to do this)
- Eat 1-2 palm-sized portion of protein with each meal
- Eat 3 to 5 portion of veggies each day
- Drink your 2 litres of water a day
- You must train more days each week than you currently do, up to a maximum of 4 days eg. train 3 days if you currently do 2, train 4 days if you currently do 3- walks don’t count.
- Hit 7,000 to 10,000 steps a day on average over the course of a week
- Get 7-8 hours quality sleep each night
- Get a full body massage or physio session
- Start/Restart a hobby- reading, music, painting
Each week your coach will review your data such as weekly calories, steps, clothes update, etc. to ensure you’re on track with your goals and committing to the program.
And if you are, you’ll be well pleased at the end of it……. guaranteed!!