What’s it all about?
With our December 2021 testing week kicking off this coming Monday, you’re probably wondering what it’s all about.
First off, testing week isn’t all about hitting new records in the gym.
It’s more about seeing if you’re in a healthy range with your strength, fitness, etc., moving closer to a healthy range, or by all means, hitting a new personal best!!
The aim of testing week is to:
- Assess your current fitness levels
- Have some fun and build a great community
- Allow us to provide each client with more effective and results-driven programs
- Monitor each clients ability and progress in the most important qualities necessary for long-term sustainable health and fitness:
- Full body strength
- Cardiovascular stamina/endurance
- Full body flexibility and mobility
- Full body power
- Movement quality- how well are you able to move around without restrictions
What Can You Test?
As this is our first testing week in over 2 years, we are going to keep it pretty simple to help everyone get back into the swing of things.
Below are some of the most common tests you can try.
Pick the ones that are relevant to you, give them a shot and see how it goes.
Please let your coach know what you would like to test during the week and if you’re not sure, they’ll be glad to help.
rm means ‘rep max’- what the most you can do 3 to 5 times eg. if you can deadlift 80kg 4 times then that’s your 4rm for the deadlift. If you can deadlift 80 kg 3 times, but not 4, your 3rm is 80kg for the deadlift.
- 3 to 5rm Bench or dumbbell press (strength)
- 3 to 5rm Trap bar deadlift or kettlebell deadlift (strength)
- 3 to 5rm barbell military press (strength)
- 3 to 5rm Squat- whichever variation you’ve been working on (strength)
- 3 to 5rm chin up (strength)
- 3 to 5rm incline push up (strength)
- 20 chin ups for time (endurance)
- Bar hang for time- the goal is to eventually hit 60 secs (endurance)
- Make it across the monkey bars
- Vertical jump (Power)
- Step Test (cardiovascular fitness)
- Bodyweight prowler- full lengths in 60 seconds
- Max quality push ups- can only rest in top position (endurance)
Please note that you cannot test everything so pick 4 to 6 to test through the week.
Testing week is all about building a great community and having a ball of fun.
Embrace it, make the most out of your membership, and join in to as many of the activities as you can over the next few weeks!
If you have any questions in the meantime then be sure to let your coach know.