Snacking is a very effective way to add extra essential nutrients into your diet, and also prevent overeating on junk food due to unplanned hunger.
Having a 1-2 healthy snacks throughout the day can help you stay full, energised and focused. We tell clients that ideally a snack should contain some protein and piece of fruit or veg.
While snacking isn’t mandatory, or necessary for everyone, a healthy snack is a great way to keep you on track satisfied between meals, when you’re on the go, stuck late at work, or find your self tempted to pick at junk from the fridge or cupboards.
Here is a list of 20 easy snacks have on the go:
- Greek Yogurt and a handful of berries
- Small handful of cashew nuts and a banana
- A Whey protein shake and raw chopped carrot
- Cottage cheese and small handful of pineapple or grapes
- Tinned Tuna and handful of spinach
- A berry smoothie with added protein powder/Greek yogurt
- A boiled eggs and asparagus
- 2-3 slices of smoked salmon and half and avocado
- Glass of milk and an apple
- Cucumber and Hummus
- A square of dark chocolate, 2-3 strawberries and Greek yogurt
- 1-2 teaspoons of peanut butter and a banana or apple
- Turkey Rashers and asparagus.
- Chick Peas and Hummus
- Small handful of Pistachios and a Mandarin.
- Almond Butter on some celery sticks
- Homemade Protein Bars- just google it
- A small chicken salad or leftovers
- High Protein Quark and fruit
- Casein Protein Shake and some berries
These are just some ideas to get you thinking.
Everyone has difference tastes or possibly allergies, so don’t be afraid to change things around and create your own- the combinations are limitless.
Aim to get some protein and a portion of vegetables or fruit into each snack and you cant go wrong.
Thanks for info I Need to lose 10 kg would be great ful for help x
Steve McGrath says
You’re welcome Eleanor. The key is to find a few snacking options that you like and can implement during the day.
We can definitely help with your goal of losing 10kg.
The best thing to do would be to drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your phone number, or else give us a ring on 021 4882288- leave a voicemail if we’re unable to answer when you call.
Looking forward to chatting soon
Thank you for that I’m definitely stocking up on these items
Steve McGrath says
Great to hear that Angela. You ca mix and match them as much as you like so stock up and the sky’s the limit!
statting my 3rd week and feeling more active now than i did before i even started thank you to steve and rónán for getting me a shot at getting fit and healthy instead of being a cíoch potatoes with square eyes stuck to the tv thank you lads cant wait for the next few sessions in fit 45 classes thank you