At the end of the day anyone looking to get fit and healthy is doing it for the same reason- to have a better quality of life.
While people go about it in countless different ways that’s what they all hope to achieve.
Of course what a better quality of life means differs from person to person and can include:
- Having the energy to play games with your children
- Reducing the possibility of lifestyle related illnesses
- Reducing pain in your body
- Combatting the effects of medical conditions and medications
- Having the energy to go out and do the things you love
- Not wake up each day feeling less than your best
- Being a successful sports person
- Having a goal that you need to work consistently towards- a sense of achievement
- Looking and feeling the way you want to feel
No matter which of the above connect with you it can all be summed up by saying you only live once and you want to make it as enjoyable and rewarding as possible. Who wants to look back and say “That was fairly shit!”
So, with all that being said, here are 21 ideas to move you towards the better quality of life that you want.
- Start you’re health and fitness journey before the new year, not in the new year. You’ll get caught up in the drama and nonsense of new years resolutions and will be in the exact same place next year.
- Tying in with point 1, get on board our 28 Day Kickstart and let us take care of everything for you.
- Meditate daily. One of the easiest and best stress relievers you can do.
- Hit the gym 2- 3 days a week and do another activity 1-2 days a week. That’s you’re exercise routine sorted.
- Make water your default drink with some green/white tea and coffee as your secondary drinks. Avoid the fizzies, sugary juices and excessive alcohol.
- As a friend once said, red wine isn’t red water. Stop drinking so much of it!
- Get a massage every 4-6 weeks.
- Perform 15 minutes of daily mobility, flexibility and corrective work. This is a game changer for so many people
- Get a hobby. Partying and watching mindless tv isn’t a hobby. Is there something you always wanted to do? Go do it!
- Stop spending so much time with negative people. They’ll sap your energy and drive for living the life you want
- Drop the junk weight and get to a decent body fat level. Life gets easier and much more enjoyable
- 7-8 hours sleep a nigh minimum if you want to function optimally. Parents of young kids are exempt from this but only if the kids wake up during the night 🙂
- Get your family healthy. Be the role model without being pushy. A healthier family is always a happier family.
- Put a weekly routine of some sort in place. Being dis-organised makes it seem impossible for so many people to get fit and healthy and puts their stress levels through the roof.
- Surround yourself with people who have done or are are doing what you want to achieve. One of the most powerful things you will ever do.
- Make you’re bed in the morning. No matter how much of a tough day you’ve had you always return home to a welcoming bed and there’s a lot to be said for that.
- Be slow with changing your habits. 1-3 things per month, depending on the person and the habit, will transform your life in 12-18 months
- Watch less tv. Read more, study more and practice your hobbies more. But always remember, a bit of tv is fine.
- Put a lot of effort into having a well equipped kitchen. This room has a massive impact on your life.
- Spend less money on mundane things that bring little value to your life. Spend more money on meaningful things that help you reduce stress, have better relationships and support the quality of life that you want.
- Drop as much of the drama from your life as you can. You don’t live in Summer Bay!
Remember, nobody on their deathbed has ever looked back on their life and said I wish I worked more, spent less time with my family or watched more tv. Decide what’s important to you and bit by bit starting moving towards it.
Enjoy your day.
P.s. Registration for our 28 Day Kickstart closes tomorrow so you still have 1 day to secure your spot. You can check out the full details for it here.
Leave a Reply