Hey guys, just taught i would give our followers on a few tips how we go about getting the best out of our time with 3 tips on how to make your week that much easier. Most of this is is common sense but a lot of the time its forgotten about. Try putting these in to practice and you will start to get results. With all our clients testing last week it’s been great to see a lot of this put into action. Everyone wants results today but realistically they take time, hard work and consistency.
Here are 3 tips to help you on your way.
Plan your days and week ahead of time. Not every minute or second but certain hours or blocks of your day/week. Everyone has work, family commitments, appointments, meetings, etc. so it takes bait of planning. As one of our clients told me recently his day is “Organised Chaos ‘’. Planning his days ahead and controlling as much of his schedule as possible.
Schedule the big stuff. If you have a general plan it’s easy to alter if you need to. If you’ve no plan you’ll be left with no time for yourself.
- Sleep (yes I know we sound like broken records) but plan a time to go bed and a time to get up. Both are of equal importance
- Give yourself time to prepare, eat and enjoy your food. This is a lot of peoples downfalls
- Pick the times you’re going training and don’t leave anything get in the way of it. This might be the gym session, a hill walk GAA training. Stick to this times
- Make time for friends, family and loved ones. This doesn’t mean 12 pints on a Friday or Saturday night. Balance is key
- Make time for yourself. This can be anything reading a book, playing an instrument, listen to some music or watching some sport
- Develop and follow daily/weekly rituals. This is just a group of habits that have come natural over time grouped together, i.e.: pre training ritual of getting gear in the bag, water, pre work-out coffee, post workout shake and compression skins for recovery
2. Challenge yourself. Sometimes we end up doing the same thing every day or going through the motions. Why not challenge ourselves. You will feel great even if it’s a small achievement it all counts.
We can do this in so many ways.
- Maybe you need to refocus on your long term and short term goals. We can do this every day
- Be accountable for you goals. Write them down, put them where you can see them and read them every day
- Tough day at work? Sometimes easier to go home than go train. It’s a challenge but you will feel great after
- Fight the urge to stay up late get to bed that few minutes earlier
- Add that extra few kg to the bar, push that little bit harder- as long as you are doing it safely with good technique
3. Be a bit more positive. Not always as easy as it sounds but worth trying. It doesn’t come natural to everyone and not everyone will be as positive as the next but using one of the tips below will help.
- Surround yourself with positive people- family,friends and work colleagues
- Be active in a positive environment. We are what we do and who we spend most of our time with so be careful of where you spend your time
- Start to be more optimistic. Look for one thing that is positive in a situation and work with it
- Don’t make a big deal out of nothing- DRAMA QUEENS!!! A Terrible place for this is Facebook and Twitter. If something’s going wrong in your day, be strong, get over it and don’t tweet or post about it
- Don’t let small fears get in the way of what you want to do, “Oh I’d never be able to do that” just give it a go. Challenges are a part of life and are what make you grow as a person and develop a strength of character
- Avoid stress. If something is troubling you, get away from and take a few deep breaths if possible. A lot of the time you’ll see it in a much clearer light and handle much better and be more pro-active towards the issue than re-active
- Start and end your day with some positive and empowering and motivating thoughts, actions or rituals. Reviewing your day, planning tomorrow and filling out a gratitude journal are some simple example
Be a doer, not a talker. Take some points from above and start putting them into action now. You’re future self will thank you for it.
Train hard, train smart stay healthy guys!!