I’ve heard it said that you need to ask someone 4-5 times why they want something before you get to the real reason so every time someone tells me their main goal is to lose weight I always ask them why at least 4-5 times:
- My goal is to lose weight- Why
- To feel better- Why?
- So I have more energy – Why?
- So I can play with my kids- Why?
- Because I’m missing out on quality time with them that I’ll never get back- BINGO. This is the real reason and a much more powerful ‘WHY’ for losing weight and getting healthy.
99.9% of people want to lose weight because it’s holding them back from doing important and meaningful things in their lives or causing them some deep pain that they don’t want to life with anymore.
It’s never solely about the weight on the scales but more the emotional unhappiness and life-experiences that are tied to being overweight or in a bad health rut in general- horrible energy levels, health issues, missing out on valuable relationships, lack of confidence and empowerment, etc.
And what we see with our clients is that all this and more improves when you focus on living a healthy and more active active life:
- The excess weight drops
- Confidence levels improve
- Posture improves
- You’ve more energy to play with your children
- You don’t get out of breath walking up the stairs
- You handle stress better
- Family life and relationships become deeper
- You come up with solutions to life problems easier
- You enjoy your hobbies more
- Your future becomes more compelling as your resources to improve it increase
- You career becomes more enjoyable
- Risk of lifestyle-related illnesses drop
- Motivation to search out and try new life experiences increases
- Your body doesn’t ache as much
- Your mind work better- less brain fog from staring at computers and tv screens all day
Life just becomes more engaging, rewarding and fulfilling in every way possible when you keep yourself fit and healthy and start truly taking care of yourself.
And if you were to ask anybody “on a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being I would do anything to have it) how much do you want all the benefits listed above” every person would say a 10.
Could you imagine anyone saying “I only want a 4/10 confidence level” or I’d settle for a 6/10 quality of relationship”?
Getting fit and healthy will not solve every problem in your life but it absolutely will improve them. In my opinion it is one of the fastest and most available ways to massively improve the quality of every area in your life.
In my experience, a lack of support and accountability are the top reasons most people never, ever see the results that they want- there’s simply no substitute for having a team with proven results backing you up and supporting you along the way!
If you agree are are serious about making the changes required in your life then check out our new 21 Day Summer Fat-Loss Challenge which kicks off Monday 30th May. We only have 15 places available and as I talked about in this blog, it will do so much more than just knocking the junk weight off you.
Check out the mens challenge here
Check out the women challenge here
Until next week, stay healthy.
Leave a Reply