Lately we’ve been getting a ton of positive feedback from people who said they’ve heard great things about us from our current clients.
When people start recommending you it because they’re getting a great experience and great results.
And how we get our client results is what I’m going to share with you now. It’s so simple that if you follow it you won’t ever need to hire a trainer- it works every time.
1) Write down your exact starting point:
- current nutrition habits- everything you eat in a day
- current injuries, medical conditions and medications
- amount of sleep you get per night
- your training/exercise history and ability
- What and amount you drink every day- water, alcohol, fizzy drinks, fruit juices, etc.
- biggest obstacles to achieving your goals- knowledge, motivation, confidence, etc.
- do you smoke
- what else?
2) Write down how all this makes you feel
We’re all emotionally driven and if the emotional aspect isn’t powerful enough, you won’t make the changes necessary.
Because we think about things all day they can become normal and not move us to do much. The act of writing things down, seeing them in front of us and actually reading them aloud is very powerful.
3) Write down the exact goals you would like to achieve and WHY
This is a huge factor in your success. If you don’t know why or if you’re WHY isn’t a strong enough driving force then you’re setting yourself up to fail and remain where you are.
Goals that’s aren’t written down are dreams and dreams never really come true…. so write it all down!
4) Get an assessment
For the best possible assessment you’ll need a good coach but here’s a good starting point:
- take some before and after pictures–>> front, back and side
- Measure your stomach and waist
- Find a pair of jeans that used to fit but don’t any more
- how many good quality push ups can you do
- can you touch your toes comfortably
- Do you feel good most of the time?
Now you have some good tools to monitor whether or not you’re progressing.
5) Plan to exercise 2-4 days a week
This can be a mixture of resistance training and non-gym activities that you enjoy–>>walking, martial arts, yoga, etc.
A mixture like this will give you the biggest bang-for-your-buck as our American friends say- better posture, fitter and stronger body, strong core, increased calorie burning and fun
6) Start slowly and get a few early victories
Give your confidence a massive boost by focusing on 1 easy habit at a time.The easier it is the more likely you are to achieve it. You can then use that confidence boost to move onto the next habit.
- Week 1- 2 gym sessions a week and 2 litres water
- Week 2- Eat 3 portions of veg a day
- Week 3- Replace cereal and toast with an omelette 3 times a week (good opportunity to get some veg in)
- Week 4- add in a walk/activity once per week (we’re now up to 3 exercise sessions weekly
Look at the changes you’ve already made without putting yourself under too much pressure. Every week or 2 focus on another habit.
Some, such as smoking, won’t come as easy so give them a bit longer but get some easy victories before chasing those tougher habits.
This is exactly what we do with our clients and then we support them to follow through and take action.
Depending on your starting point, it can take up to 6 months to implement all this and see the results, but once you have it done you’ll never look back.
You’ll be set up for life. Of course you’ll have little slip ups here and there but you’ve the donkey work done!
When you hit an obstacle (and you will) read back over your WHY (kids, be a better athlete, health issues or whatever your WHY is) and use that to get around them and stay on track.
If you want to see how we apply this to our clients and how you can make it so much easier for you to do, book your place on our SUSTAINABLE HEALTH & FAT LOSS talk which is happening this coming Thursday <<<— click the link
But you need to hurry. The limited places are going and registration closes tomorrow!