Guest post from Stephanie Neisser, our current work experience student and foodie.
So I made a few of these Pumpkin Spiced Protein Balls recently and brought them into the gym, and they were whipped up by everyone.
A lot of people asked where to find the recipe for them, so here you go guys! Give them a try if you find them too sticky use a little less water 😉
Steve’s note: these were absolutely delicious so be sure to give them a go, especially with all the pumpkins available at the moment.
Great for a pre or post workout snack, healthy organic way of eating protein without always having to rely on tucking into supplements. Help your muscles grow and repair after all that hard work your putting in 🙂
- 1/3 cup of cooked, mashed pumpkin
- 1/2 cup of oats.
- 1/2 cup of almond meal.
- 1/4 cup of pecan halves.
- 1 tbsp. of organic honey.
- 1/2 tsp. of ground cinnamon.
- 1/2 tsp. of ground ginger.
- 1/4 tsp of mixed spice.
- A pinch of nutmeg.
- Desiccated coconut.
- Blitz the oats until they’re like a fine crumb.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Add 2-3 tbsp of water if the mixture is too dry.
- Wet hands and roll mixture into small balls.
- Pour some of the coconut onto a plate or baking tray and lightly roll the balls around until they are evenly covered in coconut.
- Cover and leave set for at least 30 minutes.
***They will keep for a week in your fridge (if they last that long)***
And feel free to share, both this blog and the protein balls 🙂
They didn’t make it past lunch time in the gym!
If you’d like to check out more of my recipes, be sure to check out my blog at the link below.
Healthy food to fuel the body is important so get cracking and be sure to drop a few into the gym for us :)If you’ve any questions or recipes of your own then feel free to post them in the comments section below.
Have great day, Steph
Leave a Reply