In our everyday lives we all need a bit of positivity. Most people are surrounded by negitivity and struggle to attain a positive mindset.
Being positive comes that bit more natural to some, while others have a negative attitude to everything that they do and that happens to them.
So why bother be positive? With a positive attitude you experience a lot more happiness and feel great within.
You will have more energy, confidence and happiness. You will broadcast your happiness, optimism and success.
Even our health is affected in a beneficial way. You will walk tall, your voice is more powerful, and your body language will shows your confidence and positivity.
Positivity will have a nock on effect on your goals, you naturally become more optimistic in achieving your goals. This optimism prompts you to work harder and put in your best efforts which otherwise you might not have done.
Your positivity can make the difference between your success and failure in both fitness and personal life. You may not even be aware of your hidden strengths and capabilities until and unless you really make an effort in reaching for your goals in a positive frame of mind.
A few examples of applying a positive mindset towards your training and fitness goals
- Tough day at work, nothing was going right for you and all you want to do is go home to bed – but your goal in the gym is to achive 5 chin ups. You get yourself into the gym, train hard with some determination and forget about the rest of the day.
- Positive thinking in the morning – It’s a cold dark morning, your bed is nice and warm, but your goal of bench pressing your body weight is not going to become a success if you dont hit the snooze button, you pull your ass out of bed and get yourself in the gym.
- Its your final few reps of a tough set and feeling great – give yourself a little pep talk and tell yourself you can do it.
- Refocussing on your goals before you go to sleep, it may be work, lifestyle or training.
- During your warm up, re afrirm your positive taughts and remember why you are about to train.
- Put youself in a postive environment to train in. Use others as self motivation.
- Start and end your day with some positive and empowering and motivating thoughts, actions or rituals.
A positive mindset gives you a much better outlook on life, this will have a cross over affect when it comes to you achieving your goals. When problems arise, they are challenges, when situations are bad, they are interesting. Positivity does not change the situation, it changes how you perceive and handle it.
Too many people tell themselves the can’t, when they can. Set realistic goals and go after them.
Struggling with having a positive mindset towards your training or life, try implementing a few points from the examples above.
Looking for a positive and motivating environment to train in? Fill in your information here and get started.
Train hard, train smart and stay healthy (don’t forget a bit of positivity can go along way)